Saturday, August 2, 2008

taking the plunge

For years I wrote blog-like stories and emailed them to my friends. I like to think that my emails were witty, charming, and even sometimes insightful (the recipients may have different opinions :-)), but I never considered starting a blog. I started taking a few continuing education writing classes and I realized that there was a whole online world I was ignoring. What better way to work through my thoughts, practice telling stories and figure out if they were actually interesting, and connect with a broader community on the web. So here I am ready to take the blogging plunge!

I called this blog 'my so-called 30s' because I expect to write a lot about the things going on in my life right now as an early-30-something woman. 'Thirtysomething' was the show about baby-boomers in their 30s that was on TV when I was in junior high school; 'My So-Called Life' was on the air my senior year of high school and hit my so-called generation - that tale end of Generation X. 


No comments: